Sunday, October 08, 2006

My three friends

This weekend I spent painting, painting and more painting. This set of doors were my three friends this weekend, I spent many hours priming, painting, and second coating them. These are only 3 of the 6 interior doors I have the paint stripped off of. After spending so many hours putting paint back onto them, it seems silly to have taken the paint off of them in the first place. They do look better than when they had 6 layers of paint on them, the wood grain is actually visable again.























In addition to painting these doors, I finished painting the sliding cabinet for the upstairs bathroom. The same cabinet that I finished building about a month ago, that has been sitting in the middle of my hallway for a month. Sitting right in the middle of things in theory would be a good way to provide incentive to finish a job, but it never seems to work that way. Taking hikes is a more fun than house projects.

And speaking of walks in the outdoors, here's a picture of a church just around the corner from my house. My friend, Karine, had recommended I check out a house in my neighborhood with solar electric panels on the roof. The owner was offering tours of his set up and it was interesting what he was able to do. The payback time was pretty long, about 20 years. I am not convinced to put them on my roof yet. On the way back from walking to the solar house, this tree and church looked picture perfect. And the following picture is the same tree, looking skyward through the leaves.

























No comments: