Monday, February 25, 2008

Rebecca and Mark's Indiana wedding

Rebecca and I were married on February 16th in my hometown of Carmel, Indiana at the Orchard Park Presbyterian Church. A reception followed the wedding at Hollyhock Hills restaurant. We don't have any of the photos from the wedding photographer yet, but Greg and Livia were gracious enough to take many pictures and have sent them to us.

We only have one picture so far taken at the church. This photo is of us posing with my three sisters, Diane, Audrey and Susie. This photo was taken during all the formal family photos after the wedding (click on the photos for larger image).



The rest of these pictures were taken at the reception. When Rebecca and I first arrived at the reception, we did the cutting of the first slice of cake so that everyone at the reception could watch (and since everyone was starving by this point, we had their full attention!)(it also allowed the restaurant to slice up all the pieces so the cake could be served soon after everyone finished their meal).




Rebecca's family flew from Seattle (her Mom and Dad) and Tucson (her sister Kathryn and brother in law, Chris). Here are some pictures of Rebecca's family...



and of her sister and brother-in-law...



Here is Rebecca and Kathryn...



My family is all located in Indiana. My sisters all live on the Northside of Indianapolis, and all my Mom's siblings are in the area. Here are my family's photos...


My Mom....



My Dad....



My sister Diane and her husband, Jeff...



and their daughter...



My sister Audrey (photo to be added later)

My sister, Susie, her husband and their son....



In addition to family, Rebecca and I invited friends with Indianapolis connections. Here are Diane and Chris....



Greg and I grew up together. He moved into the house two doors down when I was five. It is interesting that after 40+ years, we both get married within one month of each other. It must be something in the water growing up. Here are pictures of Greg with Rebecca and I, and another including his new wife, Livia....






My best man was Kurt, whom I have known since our highschool days, and included a stretch where we were both Northwest natives. He lived in Vancouver, BC while I was in Seattle. I have stayed in one spot while he has explored various other cities. Here is a picture of Kurt and I, both wearing suits. This is unusual for me, while Kurt is more practiced...



Here is Kurt giving his fantastic toast...







A marriage is the joining of two people, and it is also the joining of two families. Here are some pictures of my family combined with Rebecca's....





Eventually there comes a time when it all becomes official. The signing of the marriage license...





And here are the pictures of Mr. and Mrs. Good...




Here is a panaramic picture that Kurt stitched together of the reception..

No comments: