Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Nesting instinct in action

Rebecca and I have decided to get a new roof, and then decided to get one before having Baby Girl Good so that we won't have to comfort her while all the pounding goes on. We aren't being as nice to the dogs, they have to stay home and try and make sense of it all. I asked the roofers if the dogs had barked all day (being concerned that the dogs were having heart attacks), and the roofer calmed my nerves by saying "yeah, they barked alot, but we just turned up the radio".

The dogs seemed no worse for the wear, so I guess they gave up after awhile and went back to sleep.

The roofers started on Monday (and I am writing on Tuesday) so this represents two days effort. The whole backyard is filled with their equipment. They have one side of the main roof stripped off, along with the front and back porch. And they have started putting down the shingles on the back porch. I have been real happy with the company we hired. My retired neighbors on both sides have said the roofers came by and told them what to expect and that the roofers have been very careful about putting up plywood to shield all the houses from the tar stains that would occur if you just let the stripped shingles hit the house siding.





No comments: