Monday, January 18, 2010

Weekend trip to Sleeping Lady in Leavenworth, WA

Rebecca, J and I went for a weekend to Leavenworth, WA and stayed at the Sleeping Lady resort. The resort is pretty big and offers alot of amenities including a spa, fitness room, etc. spread out over an area. We stayed in a building with about 10 units, and it had a "cabin in the woods" feel to it (see the picture). The breakfast and dinner that were included in the room rate were amazing, I only wish I could have eaten even more.

On Sunday morning we woke up to a few inches of new snow which made it feel even more relaxing. After breakfast, we dressed up J in her new snowsuit and took her sledding. She really had a great time, for about 15 minutes. She really liked walking in the snow with her boots and shaking it off the tree limbs. We also brought the backpack along and were able to walk around exploring the resort with me carrying her. It is a nice resort, it would be nice to spend some more time there.

Here are pictures in random order...






1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hello!

I am an old friend of Rebecca's - my name is Jennie (Knief) Elser. Wright sent me this blog as I was asking if he had contact with her. I just wanted to say Hi to Rebecca and tell her that I have missed her all these years . . . You have an adorable family and I am so glad to see that Rebecca looks so happy :)