Saturday, July 17, 2010

New windows for an old home

We have new windows for our old home now. Ever since I bought our house back in 1994 (a lifetime ago), I have wanted to replace the Aluminum windows that were installed in the 1950's, and add a window in the upstairs hallway.

We had bids from two companies, Northwest Windows & Doors and Signature Windows. Both were about the same price, and I would recommend either of them to anyone looking to get bids. In the end, we selected Northwest, but I am sure Signature would have been fine also.

Here is the "before" picture of the front of the house (please excuse the primer, I am slowly fixing some bad patches of paint)...




...and here is the "now" picture (please continue excusing the primer in spot, like I said, I am SLOWLY fixing the paint).




We had them add grids to the windows on the front of the house to make them look like divided light windows. Here is a view from inside the living room. I don't have a photo of the dramatic change in the upstairs hallway yet. It it early and everyone else is asleep upstairs (and I want to keep it that way).






Rebecca and I are very happy with how they look. The company will come back on Monday and finish the interior trim. It is up to us to do the painting.

1 comment:

Jad Smith said...

The quality of windows are important because if it’s not installed properly, you could find your energy bills higher than you expect. It’s also a health hazard when allergies and other bad things can get inside easily.
Windows Fort Worth