Friday, August 11, 2006

success! Slip Sliding away....

Success! I have a sliding cabinet in the upstairs bathroom. Sure, it isn't quite done yet, it needs paint and a nice face made for it, but it does slide back and forth. Isn't that what is really important? And it is a big as I was hoping it would be. Sometimes when you build things, in real life they turn out to be alot different size than you were imagining.

The cabinet slides into the wall, and ends up in my master bedroom closet. Which is okay because the closet is huge. This picture shows what it looks like from inside the closet. I have taken off the back panel of the shell so that I have access to the scews for the drawer sliders.





















This shows the shell...























This shows the slider in the closed position





















And this shows the slider open! Success! (ignore the chance that once I load it up with stuff it will crack in half and fall into the tub).


















1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Damn. That's some mighty fine cabinetry ya done there. I am impressed.

And now I know what you'll be doing during "spare" time when ya visit Austin in a few weeks. I've got some nice project all lined up for you...