Sunday, August 06, 2006

random weekend events mooshed together

First, a picture of some house progress to show that I am not just playing. This picture shows the beginnings of a cabinet I am building in my upstairs bath. This is the shell that stays inside the wall, and projects backwards into the closet on the other side of the wall. I will be attached a sliding section to these that will extend to 36 inches out into the room.

I know it doesn't make sense. It will when I build the second part and can take a photo.























Now, the fun pictures. Last weekend, I got on the bike and rode downtown and near the Space Needle. It was a great sunny day, a good day to be on a bike. It is hard to take a photo of the Space Needle that isn't exactly like everyone else's. This is my attempt, I liked how the three different mechanical things sticking up kind of blend together.
















If you click on the picture, it opens a bigger image. The Space Needle is on the left (of course), the middle thing is something where there is a box at each end that people sit in, and then they start spinning the arm. It looked pretty fun. The ride on the right is the same concept, but with a long bench that everyone sits in. I like how the clouds turned out in the picture.

This next picture is of the side of the Experience Music Project (EMP) museum that has the history of rock and roll and was financed by Paul Allen, one of the founders of Microsoft. This is the building that I almost accepted a job offer to work on the design. I liked how the spinning ride from the photo above was reflecting off the side of the building.























This is a zoomed in and cropped image.























Nearby the EMP, there is this sculpture nearby. I am not sure what the artist was intending, but standing underneath it makes me think it is what blades of grass would look like to an ant.


















It was a busy last weekend. Kay and I also went to the Ballard Seafood fest on Sunday. It is an annual event in downtown Ballard where they close down the streets and have arts&crafts, food and music. This photo shows a band playing on the main stage. It is a great, free event. The streets are the same ones used for the bicycle criterium races in my earlier posts.

















And finally I get to this weekend. Yesterday was a hike to Snow Lake.

No comments: