Monday, February 05, 2007

Seven Sisters and the GC

The first photo is of the night sky at the Lowell Observatory in Flagstaff. I took a 15 second exposure with the camera pointing straight up at the sky. The dots are stars, and the cluster of stars near the center of the photo is the Pleides (Seven Sisters). When I looked at the picture on the video on the back of the camera, I thought it hadn't worked at all, so I didn't take any other photos. Now I wished I would have done a few more, of more recognizable constellations like Orion.


Here is the same image, zoomed in to the seven sisters. It is kind of blurry.











The remaining photos are the Grand Canyon. Greg and I hiked down the first 1.5 miles of the Bright Angel trail. It was a snow covered trail, but we had planned ahead and bought a set of inseam crampons for each of us and they worked like a charm. It is the best 11 bucks I have spent in a while. It would have been safe without them, but it would have required much more attention spent trying to stay upright.





No comments: