Sunday, January 03, 2021

Old photos from visit to Mammoth Mountain in Oct 1987

Here are some old photos from a trip I took with Terry, Greg and some others while I was a co-op at Hughes Aircraft during college. We stayed at a condo at the ski resort in the fall and did a lot of hiking. Driving up from LA was quite the adventure. Steve Kowslowski (sp?) drove us in his Citation. We had to drive through the Mohave desert. The car was very underpowered, but Steve kept passing people, but he would always time in wrong and he would end up passing right when a car going the other way was even with us. Many of the oncoming cars honked their horns at him. I was pretty sure we were going to wreck. And halfway there, we pulled over to refill the radiator, but Steve was ready for that with anti-freeze in his trunk because it always happened. I was disappointed to hear this because I wanted to drive us in my Firebird, but Greg said he was worried it would overheat.

No comments: